Black Bean and Corn Salad with Chipotle Dressing
This is the perfect side dish for your next entree! It also works well as a dip or stand-alone salad.
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 14.5 oz can corn, drained
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 14.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup loosely chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado cut in chunks
- 2 tbsp red vine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 tbsp
For the dressing
Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Place the salad to chill for atleast one hour or overnight.
Add the avocado chunks and toss right before serving.
This dressing stays good in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.