Crockpot Wild Rice with Cherries and Pecans
This is the perfect side dish for any lean piece of meat. It is also hearty enough to act as an entree for a meatless meal.
- 1 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 32 ounces low sodium chicken broth
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic salt
- 1 cup dried cherries you can also substitute cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
Lightly grease the slow cooker and pour in the rice.
Drizzle the melted butter over the rice and toss until it is evenly coated.
Pour in the broth, onions, pepper and salt.
Cook on HIGH for 4 hours.
When finished, stir in the cherries.
Cover and allow to rest for 15 minutes.
When ready to serve, stir in the pecans and top with the parsley.