Chow Mein Heidi Davison
This 20 minute chow mein recipe is packed full of veggies yet doesn't sacrifice flavor.
Prep Time 5 minutes mins
Cook Time 15 minutes mins
Total Time 20 minutes mins
- 1 medium onion cut in slivers
- 1 head of broccoli cut in small pieces
- 3 diced green onions divided
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 10 oz package shredded cabbage/cole slaw
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil divided
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup lower sodium soy sauce
- 8 oz stir fry noodles
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
Heat 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium heat.
Add onion and broccoli. Cook 3-4 minutes.
Add carrots and green onions. Cook 3-4 minutes.
Add more sesame oil if needed/desired.
Add cabbage and soy sauce. Cook until cabbage wilts, about 1-2 minutes.
Add hoisin sauce and mix. Taste as you go.
Add stir fry noodles and cook 2-3 minutes.
Add sriracha. Cook 1-2 more minutes.
Mix well and serve.
Top with more green onions.