Cherry and Chick Pea Salad
This is an easy side dish packed with flavor that goes with nearly any entree! Try it with any protein or make a large batch for lunches throughout the week.
- 2 pouches precooked brown rice such as Uncle Ben's
- 30 cherries, pitted and cut in half
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions or chives
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 15 oz can chick peas, drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Prepare the rice according to package instructions.
Use a cherry pitter to remove seeds from all the cherries.
Add the rice and the following four ingredients into a medium-sized bowl.
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt, and pepper and then drizzle over the rice mixture.
Toss everything until thoroughly coated and then sprinkle on the goat cheese.
Serve warm or chilled.