Crockpot Tacos Al Pastor
This marinated pork meat can be served in a variety of ways and tastes just like authentic Mexican street tacos.
- 4 lbs skinless pork tenderloin, cut in 1-2 inch chunks
- 1 20 oz can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup white vinegar can substitute apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 7 oz cans chipotles chiles in adobo
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp Kosher salt
- 12 flour tortillas, grilled
- 8 oz queso fresco or goat's cheese
- 1/4 cup minced cilantro
- Optional toppings: radishes, lime, pineapple, cotija cheese, tomatoes, avocado
Cut the pork into 1-2 inch chunks, set aside
Put all of the ingredients from the pineapple through the salt into a food processor and puree until smooth. Small chunks will still be present.
Put the pork and the chile puree into the slow cooker and mix so that all is well coated.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. When finished, use a fork to shred the meat.
Grill tortillas and spoon on al pastor meat and top with queso fresco, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime.