These 7 minute roast beef tortilla wraps are going to be your new best friend. Why, you ask? Because they make a simple dinner, they make packing school and work lunches a breeze, and they make a stunning platter for a party or potluck. How often can you get those three rolled into one? Like, never. Not only that, but the spread has a tangy punch that leaves your taste buds begging for another bite. You’re definitely going to want to try this recipe!
I originally got this recipe from All Recipes, one of my favorite cooking magazines. They always have practical, no fuss dishes that I can rely on. They make it easy for me to want to try something new.
For these pretty pinwheels, start with a softened 8 oz package of reduced fat cream cheese and 1.5 tablespoons each of horseradish and Dijon mustard.
Mix it all together until it is creamy and smooth.
On a burrito-sized tortilla, spread on a heaping tablespoon of the cream cheese mixture.
Then layer some fresh spinach leaves on top.
Add 4 thin slices of roast beef and a handful of shredded sharp cheddar cheese. These tortilla wraps also taste great with turkey and mozzarella cheese.
Roll the tortilla wrap up nice and tight and then wrap it again inside a sheet of foil. It is helpful to put the foil wraps in the refrigerator for a little while so that the tortilla wrap stays rolled up once you remove the foil. Chilled tortilla wraps are also easier to cut. But if I am making these for my husband’s lunches, I just leave them in the foil and toss them in his lunch bag. How easy is that?!
When you’re ready to eat, simply remove the foil and cut one inch pieces. How pretty would these be on a platter for a baby or bridal shower? They are so tangy and crisp too! Decorate your platter with a few leftover spinach leaves and you’ll have an entree far more stunning and less expensive than one of those big trays from a supermarket.
7 Minute Roast Beef Tortilla Wraps
- 8 oz reduced fat cream cheese softened
- 1.5 Tbsp horseradish
- 1.5 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 6 Burrito sized flour tortillas
- 2 cups spinach leaves stems removed
- 24 thin slices roast beef about 1/2 to 1 lb
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Mix cream cheese, horseradish, and mustard until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over flour tortillas.
- Layer spinach over the spread.
- Put 4 slices of roast beef on each tortilla and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Roll tortilla wraps tightly and then roll again in foil.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut each tortilla wrap in 1 inch pieces.