Tis the season for yummy food, over indulging, and tempting treats! There are so many parties, holiday gatherings, weddings, and potlucks to attend. Regardless of the occasion these Coconut Pecan Bars are sure to please the crowd wherever they are!
How to Make Coconut Pecan Bars
Don't skip this step! This will allow for easy removal once the bars are cooked.
Then mix together 1 1/2 cups of honey graham cracker crumbs (equal to 1 packet or 9 full crackers) with 1/2 cup of melted butter. Stir these until they form a ball and then use your fingers to spread and press it into the pan.
Mix all of that yummy goodness with a 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk. The mixture should be very sticky. Pour it over the graham cracker crust and use a spatula to level it out.
Easy Holiday Desserts
Bake your pan of coconut pecan bars at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until they are golden brown on the edges. Use the overhanging parchment to lift the pecan bars out of the pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely to room temperature. Cut into 24 squares.
I like to put these irresistible morsels in the refrigerator to chill completely before cutting. I find that the bars stick together better that way.
The first time I made this recipe it was for a bake off at a school party. Though I didn't win first place, my tray had one bar left. I think that says a lot!
Here are so other yummy recipes that are perfect for sharing this holiday season:
Who needs to spend an arm and a leg for the real thing when you can make these Copycat Starbucks Cranberry Bliss Bars in your own kitchen?!
What is your favorite treat to make this time of year? Tell me all about it in the comment section below! Happy cooking y'all!
Coconut Pecan Bars
- 1 1/2 cup honey graham cracker crumbs 1 packet= 9 full crackers= 1 1/2 cups
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 14 oz canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips 6 oz
- 3/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips 6 oz
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13 x 9 pan with parchment paper, leaving 2 inches of overhang.
- Mix the butter and graham cracker crumbs until it forms a ball. Then press evenly into the dish, lining the bottom.
- Stir all of the remaining ingredients in a large bowl and then gently spread over the graham cracker crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Use the overhanging parchment to lift the pecan bars out of the dish and onto a wire rack.
- Let the bars cool completely before cutting into 24 bars. I prefer to chill the bars once they have reached room temperature and then cut. Bars stay good in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 days.