I can rarely walk past a plate of cookies without snagging one. I am a certified cookie monster! One of my favorite recipes is this one for White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies. I think I like them because they have a little bit of everything: white chocolate, oatmeal, and even little bits of dried cranberries for a burst of flavor. One Friday evening I made these for my family and they were gone in 2 hours. 2 HOURS, PEOPLE?!?! That’s how addicting and wonderful these beauties are!
In a large bowl, combine 3/4 cup of white sugar, 1/4 cup of packed brown sugar, and 1/2 cup of softened butter. Use a hand mixer to cream all three ingredients together until they are smooth. Then add in a large egg and 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract and use the mixer again.
To this mixture, add 1/2 teaspoon each of cinnamon and baking soda. Then put in a cup of all purpose flour and 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
Mix this together thoroughly until the dough is thick and sticky.
Fold in 3/4 cup of chopped, dried cranberries and 6 ounces of white chocolate chips. Lastly, you’ll need 1 1/2 cup of quick cooking oats. Make sure you DO NOT use the instant kind. Combine all of this together until the ingredients are uniformly distributed.
Roll the dough into 2 inch balls and place them about 3 inches apart on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake the white chocolate oatmeal cookies at 375 degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden. Let them cool on the cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes and then transfer them to a wire cooling rack. This ensures that they don’t fall apart.
White chocolate oatmeal cookies are soft, chewy, and bursting with flavor! There’s no way you can eat only one!
If you like this recipe, you’ll probably also like 13 Minute Almond Joy Cookies and my Nana’s recipe for Disappearing Butterscotch Cookies. These all make wonderful gifts for teachers, friends, and holiday baking packages. If you need even more ideas, check out my Recipe Index or my Pinterest Boards. Happy cooking y’all!
White Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup softened butter 1 stick
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp each vanilla extract cinnamon, and baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 3/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Use a hand mixer to cream the butter and both sugars in a bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix again.
- Add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and flour and mix until all is incorporated.
- Fold in oatmeal, white chocolate, and cranberries. Mix until all is distributed evenly.
- Roll dough into 2 inch balls and place 3 inches apart from each other on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 2-3 minutes and then transfer to wire rack.
Super easy, super good recipe. Will definitely make this again and again.
I’m so glad you enjoyed them!
My family loved these cookies! The texture and flavor were great. I think this recipe could be used for the base of some very interesting different flavor combinations.
I think you are right!