Black Bean and Corn Salad with Chipotle Dressing is one of my all-time favorite side dishes! I love this recipe because it is versatile enough to go with any main course, but proud enough to stand alone as a yummy salad or dip. You can also use the chipotle dressing as a meat marinade or dressing for regular green salad!
Ingredients for Black Bean and Corn Salad
The ingredients for this Black Bean and Corn Salad are simple. Start with a medium sized bowl and pour in the following ingredients:
1 can drained sweet corn (you can also use frozen or cut off the cob)
1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 medium diced red onion
1/2 cup loosely chopped cilantro
Mix this all together and set it aside while you make the chipotle dressing.
Once you mix the black bean and corn salad with the chipotle dressing, you will want to add a diced avocado right before serving. Don't do this step too far ahead or the avocado pieces will turn brown.
How to Make Chipotle Honey Dressing
The chipotle dressing is what makes this salad shine! It is so yummy that I have even used it as a meat marinade and dressing for regular green salad.
In a food processor, add the following ingredients and puree until smooth:
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons honey
1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (if you like your dressing spicy, you can add more)
1/4 teaspoon oregano
3/4 teaspoon of cumin
1 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
The chipotle dressing should be nice and smooth. Pour it over the black bean and corn salad and toss to coat. If you want to use the dressing in a different way, it will stay fresh in the fridge in an air tight container for 5 days.
This perfect side dish tastes best if it is refrigerated for atleast an hour. It's one of those salads where the longer it sits the better it gets...so feel free to let it sit overnight!
Here are some other recipes that also come with special sauces! They are equally as easy to prepare for a quick weeknight meal.
If this recipe is making your mouth water like it is mine, save this pin for later or share it on social media to reference in the future. Happy cooking y'all!
Black Bean and Corn Salad with Chipotle Dressing
- food processor
Black Bean and Corn Salad
- 14.5 oz can corn, drained
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- 14.5 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup loosely chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado cut in chunks
- 2 tbsp red vine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 2 tbsp
For the salad
- For the salad, combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix. Leave out the avocado to add right before serving.
For the dressing
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss to coat. Place the salad to chill for atleast one hour or overnight.
- Add the avocado chunks and toss right before serving.
- This dressing stays good in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.